Volunteers are an important part of the educational process at Lucama Elementary School. They provide important assistance in many aspects of the school environment such as tutoring, Field Day, serving on committees, etc.
- To help us maintain a safe learning environment, volunteers and visitors must sign in and sign out on the security computer in the office.
- All School Volunteers must complete and be approved through the volunteer tracker system. Application links can be found on the school and district websites. Once applications are complete it takes approximately 48 hours for approval. Each applicant will be notified through email once your application has been processed.
- All non-WCS employees attending a field trip must complete the Volunteer Tracker Form.
- Each approved application last for 3 consecutive years.
- At Lucama Elementary School, instruction begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. We are asking that volunteers be in their work location at that time. Volunteers/visitors must not interrupt teachers after 8:00 a.m.
- Please remember that staff lounges are for Staff Only.
- To help us protect the instructional integrity of the school day for our students, all pre-school children should not go beyond the office area between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (exception: lunch time visits.) Parents who are volunteering at school should not bring pre-school age children when assisting teachers or doing volunteer work.
We appreciate all the hours and extra effort provided by each volunteer. You are an important part of what makes Lucama Elementary School a “School of Excellence!”